Icy Strait - Hoonah, Alaska
Whale watching and wildlife tours Join the most experienced in the area,Captain Floyd, aboard his 35 foot, high-speed, catamaran landing craft for an adventure of a lifetime.
The "Silver Spoon" has a walk-around cabin for easy access for viewing and photo opportunities. There is an outdoor overhang around the sides and back of the cabin for minimum shelter on rainy days, forward of the cabin has a large viewing area to accommodate up to 6 people comfortably. The deck is recessed which makes it very safe for children. The heated cabin includes a restroom.
Cruising the North shore of Chicagof Island most tours observe brown bear, bald eagles, sea otters, Sitka blacktail deer and other wildlife on our way to Point Adolphus or other feeding areas of the humpback whale, harbor seal, Stellar sealion, Dall porppoise and many different species of sea birds. Orca are sometimes sighted as they pass through Icy Strait on their continuous hunt for prey. A hydrophone allows us to listen to the orca and humpbacks socialize.
Tour Duration: 3 hours
- $160 plus city sales tax* per person, 4 person minimum. We can work with you to find others to share your charter. We are licensed to carry no more than six passengers.
- A deposit of $50 per person is required to secure reservations. If an emergency arises or your cruise ship cancels, we will refund your deposit. Balance due on day of your tour.
- Checks or cash only, we do not accept credit cards.
- Deposits are payable by check or money order made out to:
P.O. Box 245
Hoonah, Alaska 99829
*note: 6.5% Current Sales Tax
- Whale sightings guaranteed!
- You may consider bringing a snack or lunch. We provide coffee, hot chocolate, tea, & cookies.
Directions (How to find us):
- After exiting the ship, proceed ashore to the Icy Strait Adventure Center (everyone will enter this gorgeous building).
- Once inside walk through the building and exit through Door Number 2 (this will be clearly marked).
- Follow the signs to the Excursions Hub where you will meet Marjorie (She will be holding a FISHES sign) This is a scenic 6-10 minute walk. Marjorie's cell phone number is (907) 321-3535.
- Note: If you are in the Cannery Complex where the shops are located before pickup you can take a short-cut path that is located behind that building which will be marked, Excursions Hub.
- We depart from the Hoonah Boat Harbor, which is a 5 minute drive from Icy Strait Point.
Telephone: (907) 945-3327
Please "copy" and "paste" our email address to your email to insure that we receive it.
Many of our guests have found referrals to our business on boards.cruisecritic.com or tripadvisor.com.
Photo Credit: Orca photo taken by Garry Mallory (a F.I.S.H.E.S client).
Photo Credit: Boat with Orca photo taken by Paul Comolli.
Video Credit: Breaching Whales taken by Jeramy Keetch (a F.I.S.H.E.S client).