Icy Strait - Hoonah, Alaska
Whale watching and wildlife tours, join Legendary Captain Floyd aboard his 35 foot, high-speed, catamaran landing craft for an adventure of a lifetime.
The "Silver Spoon" has a walk-around cabin for easy access for viewing and photo opportunities. There is an outdoor overhang around the sides and back of the cabin for minimum shelter on rainy days, forward of the cabin has a large viewing area to accommodate up to 6 people comfortably. The deck is recessed which makes it very safe for children. The heated cabin includes a restroom.
Cruising the North shore of Chicagof Island most tours observe brown bear, bald eagles, Sitka blacktail deer and other wildlife on our way to Point Adolphus or other feeding areas of the humpback whale, harbor seal, Stellar sealion, Dall porppoise and many different species of sea birds. Orca are sometimes sighted as they pass through Icy Strait on their continuous hunt for prey. A hydrophone allows us to listen to the orca and humpbacks socialize.
Tour Duration: 3 - 3.5 hours / 2 Trips Daily
- $160 plus city sales tax* per person, 4 person minimum. We can work with you to find others to share your charter. We are licensed to carry no more than six passengers.
- A deposit of $30 per person is required to secure reservations. If an emergency arises or your cruise ship cancels, we will refund your deposit. Balance due on day of your tour.
- Checks or cash only, we do not accept credit cards.
- Deposits are payable by check or money order made out to:
P.O. Box 245
Hoonah, Alaska 99829
*note: 6.5% Current Sales Tax
- Whale sightings guaranteed!
- First Tour: pick-up is scheduled for one-half hour after your cruise ship arrives at Icy Strait Point.
- Second Tour: scheduled in accordance with the cruise ship's schedule.
- You may consider bringing a snack or lunch. We provide coffee, hot chocolate & cookies.
- Once you debark the tendering boat, go up the gangway, turn right, walk through the parking lot, past the buses and out the security gate. We will be just outside the security gate waiting for you in a metallic gray Ford Windstar with the F.I.S.H.E.S sign. (There will only be two or three other vehicles so we will be easy to find.) We depart from the Hoonah boat harbor, which is a five minute drive from Icy Strait Point.
Many of our guests have found referrals to our business on boards.cruisecritic.com or tripadvisor.com.
Photo Credit: Orca photo taken by Garry Mallory (a F.I.S.H.E.S client).
Video Credit: Breaching Whales taken by Jeramy Keetch (a F.I.S.H.E.S client).